Windows 7 is the latest version of windows that is being released by Microsoft. This operating system includes a lot of feature combined together for better multimedia experience. One of such feature that is widely used in windows 7 is the windows media center option. Windows media center is a part of windows 7 that is used to view pictures, videos and you can also listen to the music as well.
You can also install codec packs to enjoy all formats of video & Audio, along with it you can carry out other tasks also.
Windows media center by default is bluish in color and it is quite attractive to look at but do you know that this default interface is customizable although there is no option given to change it but by using some simple tricks we can change it to the way we want. There are many websites where you can find the custom made theme to customize your media center in windows 7. Basically these customized items are available in two different types. The main difference between these two is the one is installed directly and the other one is installed by using a patch. Given below are the steps how to install by using these two methods.
Windows 7 Media Center Themes Direct Install
- Log in to your account using administrative rights.
- Now move to the location where your theme is stored then double click it.
- Now you will find a shortcut on your desktop and by clicking this shortcut, your media center will get customized to.
- Now you need to restart windows media center for the effects to change.
- Now if you get rid of it and want to change it to some other theme or just simply want to remove it then go to start– menu and there you will find the uninstall option for that app.
Note:- Remember all these steps should be performed only on administrator mode.
Windows 7 Media Center Themes Install Using Patch
Installing themes using patch is a bit complicated task to do. It is not that easy as you do when installing a theme directly. Therefore before proceeding into this activity you need to make some simple changes. So here how it goes.
- Go to C:\Windows\ehome\on windows explorer and locate a file called ehres.dll.
- Now copy ehres.dll to safe location because if something went wrong in the middle then we can restore it.
- Make sure that you have the ownership of the ehres.dll so that you can install a theme that comes with a patch.
- Now download and execute the own.reg file that is located onC:\Windows\ehome\
- Now with the help of windows explorer go to C:\Windows\ehome\, now right click on ehres.dll and select Take Ownership. (Note:- Sometimes you may not find the take ownership option, that means you haven’t installed own.reg correctly.