Nokia, World’s leading smartphone manufacturer has recently reviled its new smartphone the Nokia 808 PureView at MCW 2012 which features a massive 41 megapixel camera sensor with carl zeiss optics. This is we can say a finest piece of machinery been built up to date. Recently Nokia launched many smartphone models from low end to high end models and among them it also launched a smartphone named as nokia lumia 800 in collaboration with Microsoft that is based on windows operating system.
So now lets come on to the Nokia 808 PureView smartphone topic, this is a successor to the nokia’s very favorite smartphone N8. But here the 808 PureView has some of the latest upgraded and advance features that makes it stand above all. So the first thing that you will notice about this smartphone is the big camera feature that includes 41 megapixel and a large optical sensor with carl zeiss optics. The camera included in Nokia 808 has also the capability to zoom and take pictures without stretching upto 5 megapixel which makes it unique, it also has a xenon flash as found on the N8 but the flash include here is much more advanced than that of N8. You can take photos adjusting your megapixel from 2, 3, 8 upto 38 megapixel in 4:3 aspect ratio and 34 megapixel in 16:9 mode. The phone is fitted with 1/1.2 inch sensor, which is approximately 2.5 larger than the sensor used in the Nokia N8. Apart from taking high resolution photos the camera also allows 1080p video recording at 30fps, with 4X lossless zoom.
After talking all about its camera and video quality features lets now get inside the phone. This will ship with the latest Nokia belle operating system. Nokia haven’t still featured Android on this phone which is not quite surprising because Nokia always tries to use its own os along with it this phone will feature ClearBlack AMOLED display underneath Gorilla Glass . Nokia 808 PureView also features exclusive Dolby Headphone technology, transforming stereo content into a personal surround sound experience over any headphones and Dolby Digital Plus for 5.1 channel surround sound playback.
Nokia 808 PureView Specification
- 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
- Dimensions 123.9 x 60.2 x 13.9 mm, 95.5 cc
- Weight 169 g
- Amoled capacitive touchscreen display with 16M colors
- Screen Size: 360 x 640 pixels, 4.0 inches
- Multitouch, Protection Corning Gorilla Glass, Nokia ClearBlack display
- SOUND Alert types: Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
- Loudspeaker, 3.5mm jack
- Memory Card slot microSD, expandable up to 32 GB
- 16 GB internal storage, 1 GB ROM, 512 MB RAM
- DATA GPRS Class 33, EDGE Class 33, Speed HSDPA 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, UPnP technology, Bluetooth Yes, v3.0 with A2DP, NFC
- USB Yes, microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go support
- Camera: Primary 41 MP (38 MP effective, 7152 x 5368 pixels), Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, Xenon flash
Features 1/1.2” sensor size, ND filter, up to 3x loseless digital zoom, geo-tagging, face detection
Video Yes, 1080p@30fps, loseless digital zoom, LED light, Secondary: VGA; VGA@30fps video recording
- Opeating System: Nokia Belle OS
- CPU 1.3 GHz ARM 11
- Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser HTML5, Adobe Flash Lite
- Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS; FM transmitter
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
- Java Yes, MIDP 2.1
- Colors Black, White, Red
- SNS integration, Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic, HDMI port, MP3/WMA/WAV/eAAC+ player, MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player, Voice command/dial, Document viewer, Video/photo editor, Predictive text input
- Standard battery, Li-Ion 1400 mAh (BV-4D)
- Stand-by Up to 465 h (2G) / Up to 540 h (3G)
- Talk time Up to 11 h (2G) / Up to 6 h 50 min (3G)
Price & Release Date Of Nokia 808 PureView
Nokia 808 PureView will start shipping at the begining of May 2012 with an initial price tag of 464.98 euros.
Here is a video to experience how the new Nokia 808 PureView works.