Flashing a cell phone is basically not required but if you do so then there are some hidden features that will get unlocked. You need to load a customized firmware replacing the default software of the phone. This will make your phone look more funky. So today I will guide you through the steps how to flash your nokia windows phone custom ROM with interop unlock.
(Note:- Techibuzz is not responsible for any kind of mishap. So proceed forward on your own risk)
So before proceeding let me tell you that its better to work on a linux based system. Take acomplete backup of your device and make sure you have an unlocked bootloader. To know this simply power down your device, then press and hold volume up + power until you feel haptic feedback. Then, connect your device to your computer, and if it shows as being in disk mode (USB Mass Storage), then you have an unlocked bootloader and can proceed with the tutorial.
Flashing Tutorial Steps
- First of all download DD from here
- Now download the required custom ROM for Lumia 800 or 710 from here.
- Now connect your device to the computer.
- Next, you’ll need to locate the appropriate partition: dd if=./os-new.nb of=/dev/sdX9 (note that ‘x’ is the disk detected by your Linux distribution).
- Now perform a hard reset on the device by hold the power button for 10 seconds, then press and hold power + volume down + camera until the device begins to vibrate once again.
- Now release the power button while still holding volume down + camera for around five seconds or so in order to complete the hard reset.
Finally you are done. So enjoy.