We had already discussed about the new release from Apple for iDevices with an updated iOS . I had already told you about “How to download iOS 6.” A few days ago we published the guide run for the Jailbreak of iOS 6 GM on iPhone 4 and A4 devices. This time we have the Jailbreak for iOS 6 and here with us you will know the guide for “How to Install Cydia for A4 devices and iPhone 3GS?”
In this post we will see a new guide to jailbreak iOS 6 on the final version , including the installation of Cydia. The procedure is quite simple. Here below I am giving the process to Install Cydia.
How to Jailbreak iOS 6 with Cydia:-
I am giving the guide below, which is valid for Mac. On Windows, you can try using Putty but I am not tested this personally. This jailbreak of iOS 6 is of type tethered and untethered. This guide is not applicable on the iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and iPad 3.
- iPhone 3GS (untethered for models with old bootrom)
- iPhone 4
- iPad first generation
- iPod 3g
- iPod 4g
1st Step for Jailbreak of iOS 6:-
- Must have installed iOS 6 of one of the devices mentioned above
- If you have updated to iTunes and do not have the IPSW file on the Mac desktop then follow step 2.
- Download iOS 6
- Connect the device to your Mac using the appropriate cable
- Put the device into DFU mode by pressing the home button for 10 seconds and power at the same time, then release the power button and keep pressing the home button, you will get in DFU if the screen is completely black.
- Download redsn0w 0.9.13dev4
- Open the program and click on extras -> select IPSW and select the IPSW file of iOS 6. You will find this screen:
- Click on the back button and then on Jailbreak
- After completing above operation, you will see a dialog box “preparing jailbreak data”, be sure to click on the “install ssh” as shown in the screenshot below.
Note :- redsn0w will warn you that it is a completely automatic process. once the jailbreak iOS 6 is completed and the device is restarted, return it in DFU mode, then in redsn0w click extras -> just boot. A logo with pineapple should appear on the screen. This means that you have completed successfully the jailbreak and boot into tethered mode. With the iPhone restarted, you can close redsn0w.
2nd Step for Installing Cydia:-
- On your iOS device, go into Settings -> WiFi -> click on the arrow to the network that you are connected and find your address. Clearly, your IP address will be the same as shown in image below:
- Then on your mac, connected to the same wifi network your iOS device, open the Terminal application, type ssh root @ your IP address.
- In a few seconds you will be connected and prompt you to enter the password. Type ” alpine “
- Once connected, paste the following into the terminal:- wget-q / tmp / cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 / tmp / cyinstall.sh && / tmp / cyinstall.sh
- after about a minute of scrolling of the various items in the terminal, the iOS device will reboot and Cydia will be installed automatically. If you get a permission error in terminal ignored.
As we have given the guide to run the Jailbreak iOS 6 and install Cydia manually. If you have any problems, please Share with us.