How to Create Ringtones for iPhone Free [Guide]
If you have purchased Apple’s most popular iDevice called iPhone for your personal use and at the same time you seek out for ringtones but the default ringtones didn’t pleased you much. To find some good iPhone ringtones you need to spend some extra amount to afford it. But by heart you don’t want to spent money further for iPhone.
Because there are bunch of songs in your music library which can attracts you definitely. But there is no hope or way to create ringtones for iPhone isn’t it. Anyways, following our tricks you can make ringtones from your non DRM songs in your iTunes library simply and free. Note, this works well on both Mac and Windows systems.
Steps to create ringtones for iPhone free:
- At first, open your iTunes.
- Then search the song that you desire to create ringtone.
- Play the song and decide which part to make as your ringtone.
- Now write down the start and stop times of the clip.
- Then right click the song and select Get Info.
- Now click the Options tab.
- Type in the start time of your ringtone in the text box next to “Start Time” in the minutes/seconds format.
- Type in the end time of your ringtone in the text box next to “Stop Time”. But make sure that the ringtone is not more than 40 seconds.
- Now click OK.
- Right click your song and select Convert Selection to AAC. Just wait for while for iTunes to transform your song to ringtone.
- It create a duplicate version, just right click the ringtone and select Delete.
- After that click on the Keep Files button.
- Now try to find the file, it usually save in your User folder under Music > iTunes > iTunes Music.
- Under the band’s name it have an extension of m4a.
- Now replace the m4a extensions of your ringtone with m4r. Even you can double click to rename your file or right click and select Get Info on a Mac and Rename on Windows PC.
- After that click Use.m4r.
- Double click the ringtone file and let iTunes to do rest. It will automatically add ringtones folder in your iTunes Music Library.
- Now connect your iPhone and synchronize your ringtones.
That’s it! Above steps should be tricky but pretty effective. Do it and enjoy free iPhone ringtones. Also see our related post for help.