Here I am going to discuss a nice tip that tells you how to block or hide websites in your PC from other users. This is a very useful tip for all personal computer users. Along from many websites available in web some are not useful to everyone. Although we are using a personal computer but till the PC used by many other users that may be our friends, relatives and family members.
Although computer is very useful to all but not every sites are not good for our kids. Now days kids are spending lot of times in computer specially surfing on internet using some websites. Now you can hide websites on your PC from other users after using it. This tutorial let you know block or hide ugly websites from your kids, family, friends and relatives. Some websites also having virus which is very harmful to your systems.
As we know Spy Screen or Silent Screen show all the websites you visited before. It is very easy and simple way to block websites. You do not have to download any third party software or application to do this.
How to Block or Hide Websites from PC
- Go to MY Computer.
- Open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
- A file named as “hosts”, right click on it and open with notepad.
- To block www.mysite.com just add the text at the bottom of the file after 127.0.0.1 localhost.
- After giving the URL save the file and exit.
- If you like to block more sites then repeat the same procedure.
- To open the website open hosts file and delete the website url which one you want to open and save it.