You all must be aware if tablets and in these era they are the one that are making the gadget market run. Owing a tablet is not a big deal but instead the method to jailbreak/root the device is something that every tablet owner wants. So today I will guide you through the steps that will show how to root micromax funbook android tablet, but before that let me give you a brief about Micromax Funbook. This is budget priced tablet having Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich as its OS, equipped with a 1.2 GHz Cortex A8 single core processor and Mali-400MP GPU. This Tablet was priced at RS 6999 in India and it has many nice features like HDMI port, capacitive screen and much more.
If you search through the site you will get to know what is Rooting, so instead of talking all about that i am directly going on to the topic. Remember one thing that once you rooted the device your warranty will be voided from that moment and there is no way back to unroot the tablet. So proceed at your own risk.
Steps you need to follow before proceeding:-
- Backup your Funbook so that if you face any issue then you will not lose data
- Backup all essential data like contacts, emails, settings, attachments, media etc.
- Device should have phone have 70 % battery life.
- You should enable USB debugging on your phone. This you can do by going to Settings>>Developer options and Enable USB debugging.
- Disable any antivirus or Firewall that can restrict the process.
How to root micromax funbook tablet
- First of all download the Sparkyroot.apk or the FunbookRooting package from here.
- Install the file on your Tablet by transferring it to your Tablet external SD card by connecting the tablet with your PC via USB storage Mode.
- Disconnect the Tab and now install apk manager from Play store that will help you with installing app.
- Now move on to Settings>>Security and Enable Unknown sources in Device administration tab.
- Now, open apk manager and try to install the app.
- Open the sparkyroot that you have installed and tap on “Exploit” button. This will root the device and will not touch kernel or firmware. Now, you can install SuperSU from Play store.
Congratulation! Finally you have successful rooted your Micromax Fun book Android Tablet. Now enjoy.