We found a video of Galaxy S III with a version of Android 4.1 appeared to be an official version. Today we found the release is official for SamMobile. In video we found that the OS turns out is a version of “PRE-RELEASE” test, with the version number I9300XXDLG4.
This is the version of Android 4.1.1 update for the Galaxy S III international [GT-i9300] include improvements to the system as Google Now, notifications expandable and more thing. Now, Samsung included other things as new Live Wallpapers and a feature called Dormant Mode, which we presume will be to not receive notifications for when we are sleeping.
SamMobile page reports that have to do a backup of the information you have on the internal storage, it will be formatted. I also suggest you to know what they are doing because it is a test ROM, not an official update Kies and OTA [Over the Air]. Before going for the download you must know that this is version for test firmware for Jelly Bean update for Android 4.1.1.
These instructions to install this Test version of Android 4.1.1 on your Galaxy S III :-
- Make sure you have the original ROM of your phone before “flash” the ROM
- Unzip the file
- Open Odin 1.85
- Place your phone in Download Mode, this can be done by doing this operation – Home Button + Power + Volume button below
- Connect your phone and waiting for the signal of Odin
- Add file to the section CODE_I9300XXDLG4_11164_REV00_eng_mid_noship.tar.md5 PDA
- Make sure the box “re-partition” is unchecked
- Begins to “flash”, expected
- The phone turn ON, but most likely will not rise
- Remove the battery and put it again
- Go to Recovery Mode by doing Home + Power button + volume button above
- Choose the option to factory reset
- Do a reboot, is now supposed to work
If you install this update on your Galaxy S III then please share your experience with us and other users. If you do not dare to install this update, do not worry, since it appears that at the end of this month the official version will be available.
Source :- SamMobile
Samsung Galaxy S3 update with Android 4.1.1 test Firmware :-