MapmyIndia today announced the launch of CarPad 5, its an android based 3G navigator tablet that will help you to find your path through the streets of India and is also a part of the next generation of MapmyIndia’s connected car products. The company calls the CarPad 5 an all-in-one GPS navigator, smartphone and 3G tablet.
Technical Specs Of Carpad 5
- Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread CarPad 5
- 1GHz Cortex A8 Samsung processor
- Built-in 3G, Bluetooth, GPS / aGPS, and Wi-Fi connectivity
- 5-inch capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 800×480 pixels
- Powered by a 2,000 mAh battery
- Aura, MapmyIndia’s full 3D GPS navigation interface
- Aura also provides real-time traffic updates, house level search, security (track and trace), discount offers in the vicinity, etc.
Rakesh Verma, Managing Director, MapmyIndia, spoke on the launch of the product: “After the success of MapmyIndia CarPad, which endorses our view that that there is a strong demand for in-car productivity gadgets, we present the next-generation CarPad 5 to Indian consumers. MapmyIndia has always strived towards making car travel convenient, comfortable and productive. The CarPad 5 is one of the many in-car productivity gadgets we plan to launch in the near future.”
The MapmyIndia CarPad 5 has been priced at Rs 19,990, which includes the CarPad 5 device 4GB SD card memory CarPad windshield mount and Car charger. MapmyIndia CarPad 5 is available for sale, online at