Facebook recently released a photo sharing app of its own known as the facebook camera, long after it announced its US$1 billion plan to purchase Instagram. The facebook photos team has developed this without the help of Instagram because till now the acquisition deal hasn’t yet closed. This Facebook camera looks like the app TechCrunch leaked images of a year ago, and is designed for quicker publishing than Facebook’s multi-featured primary mobile app. As for now the app is currently available only for iOS devices and it will allow users to shoot, edit, filter, and share photos to Facebook without ever leaving the app.
Features Of Facebook Camera
- Include posting multiple photos at a single time
- Addition of caption, cropping, and applying one of 14 vintage style filters.
- More than just a photo publishing app.
- Lets you browse photos your friends are sharing to Facebook.
- Allows you to comment and like images within the stream.
- Deleting photos or friends’ comments doesn’t seem to be an option, though.
This is Facebook’s first camera application for iOS, this shows the company’s dedication to capture its mobile business. But considering Facebook’s recent purchase of the photo-sharing app Instagram, it’s hard not to compare the two. Note that Facebook has clearly mentioned that Facebook Camera and Instagram are two separate entities. Facebook Camera functions more like the Facebook Messages app and it’s a standalone offering that is closely tied to the social network, making it easier to use one of the site’s most popular features.
The app is now available in the Apple App Store, and according to the Verge, Facebook is considering the app for other platforms.